Advanced Powerplant Development
- Under DARPA SBIR Phase I/II funding, Firestar Technologies has demonstrated precursor high altitude powerplants for extreme altitude operations.
- Developed materials technology and conducted preliminary test of materials in real engine conditions to support future powerplant development in these harsh environments
Advanced Engine Development
- Under IR&D and commercial license funding, Firestar Technologies has co-invented a new technology that significantly enhances fuel economy in internal combustion engines. Independent road test trials indicate >15% relative improvement in automotive fuel economy.
- Under IR&D funding, Firestar Technologies has taken preliminary steps towards developing a power cycle (TEMPES) optimized for low temperature power extraction that employs a metastable, non-equilibrium power extraction step in its thermodynamic cycle. This is a technology development to support future waste heat recovery, geothermal, and solar thermal power extraction.
- Under IR&D funding, Firestar Technologies has developed the conceptual designs for future IGBL engine designs capable of operating over a wide range of gas chemistries and temperatures. This is a technology to support improvements in fuel/air combustion thermal conversion efficiencies and dramatic reductions in exhaust emissions
- Licensed 2 patents into a separate VC-funded start-up. Stay tuned for links and more information on this subject as this story develops with our commercialization partner.
- 4 Patents Pending